About Complete Shoulder & Hip Blueprint
This workshop takes viewers through the complete systems used by both of us to improve upper body and lower body function, strength, endurance, and resiliency.
We show you how to connect the dots between a thorough assessment, understanding what corrective strategies (if any) will work best, and how to build a training program to help you and your clients in the most direct way possible.
Here's a sample of some concepts we dig into.
- How to use the static and integrative assessments to guide your training program.
- How breathing mechanics ? particularly diaphragm movement ? drives mobility of the upper body and stability of the lower body, and how to use it to see fast improvements in both.
- The importance of breathing, thoracic mobility, scapular mobility, and shoulder mobility in looking at shoulder, elbow or wrist limitations.
- Why "impingement" is a garbage term, how to assess for it, the difference between internal and external impingement, and what it means to your training program
- Training the overhead athlete and their specific considerations, and the differences between them and the "desk jockey" client and what limits overhead mobility in many people
- Coaching and improving pushups, chin ups, presses, and dozens of corrective options
Why this matters to you:
- Help your clients get through common shoulder issues more effectively.
- Streamline your assessment and program design, helping you get faster results and more efficient use of your time, and that of your clients'
- Help you see the details of shoulder motion you didn't notice before, and whether something you're using in your exercise program is working or not.
- Upgrade your exercise toolbox to address commonly overlooked movement issues.